This month StencilGirl Products is collaborating with Canvas Corp Brands to show you unique ways to use StencilGirl stencils with a variety of Canvas Corp Brands surfaces and Tattered Angels Paint Kits!
Be sure to check out the details at the end of this post on how you can win a wonderful prize package worth over $50 in goodies from StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands!
So I started with the Party Pink from the Beach Ball Calendar Mist kit and sprayed it through the Succulent Stencil. (My stencils are well loved!) I worked my way down the Canvas Fringe and I didn't worry about trying to match the stencil up as I moved it.
After spraying the Party Pink I dried it with a heat gun and then decided to add more color with the Summer Glow . Instead of spraying it I just dipped a paint brush in the bottle and painted it on parts of the flowers. (Tip: Remember to think outside the box when using your products. They don't always have to be used like they were intended to.) I wanted to leave some of the canvas showing and I didn't get hung up on making the painting perfect. I'm all about the messy look.
Here's a better shot of what the ribbon looked like after I used the Party Pink and the Summer Glow.
I liked the ribbon but I decided it needed a little green for a hint of leaves. The Beach Ball kit did not have green so I mixed the Summer Glow and the Patina together to make a really pretty green! I then painted some hints of leaves and then dried it all with a heat gun.
I wanted the stitching to be messy so I used my free motion foot on my machine and just stitched some funky lines.
I added the fun pink burlap to the spine with the same messy stitches.
I just love how all of it turned out but I especially love the fringed canvas ribbon. The Tattered Angel sprays worked wonderful with the StencilGirl stencil.
What would a matchup be without a fun prize!!!!
- leave a comment here on any or all of the Matchup Posts during the month of April with StencilGirl Products and CCB. You can leave one on each post for more chances to win. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on the CCB Facebook page or StencilGirl Products Facebook page. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on any of the CCB Instagram posts or StencilGirl Products Instagram posts where you see any of the projects from the CCB team or the SGP team. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- You can follow along by searching #SGPCCBmatchup. If you love what you see and would like to join the Facebook group CCB Collective – ask to join today.
- You can find all StencilGirl Products in our shop – www.stencilgirlproducts.com
- Shop Canvas Corp Brands at https://shop.canvascorpbrands.com
- We will be sharing projects the entire month of April – learn new techniques, see how new products are used and be inspired with great ideas from members of the SGP and CCB creative teams.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Good luck and please come back and visit soon!